To see my personal biography, please click here.
Areas of Interest
- Big Data
- Machine Learning
- AI in Government
- AI in Psychiatry
Carlo Carandang is a Data Scientist, IT Analyst, and Psychiatrist. He examines the application of AI to government enterprise systems and to the clinical practice of psychiatry. In addition, he studies anxiety and depression treatments as well as future trends in psychiatry. He has 34 publications (peer-reviewed journal articles, a book, book chapters, abstracts) and has been awarded 6 research grants in the areas of depression, anxiety, and psychopharmacology. Carlo has written a treatment book on anxiety, Anxiety Protocol, and is the founder of AnxietyBoss.com and DepressionBoss.com.
Carlo completed his Master of Science (MSc) in Computing and Data Analytics from Saint Mary’s University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. As a data scientist, IT analyst, and psychiatrist, Carlo utilizes big data, machine learning, deep learning, and artificial intelligence to help psychiatrists improve their diagnostic abilities and improve treatment planning, and to help government incorporate AI and Big Data into their enterprise systems .
Follow Carlo on Twitter.
See Carlo’s code on GitHub.
- IT Analyst/Developer, Canada Revenue Agency, 2020 to present
- Senior Vice President, KARV Data Consulting Ltd., 2018 to present
- Partner, Healthy Mind Research Corporation, 2014-2017
- Fellow, American Psychiatric Association, 2010-present
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Dalhousie University Faculty of Medicine, 2005-2013
- Psychiatrist, Dr. Carlo G. Carandang Inc., 2011
- Staff Psychiatrist, IWK Health Centre, 2005-2011
- Member, Group for the Advancement of Psychiatry (GAP), White Plains, N.Y., 2005-2011
- External Reviewer, Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) Mood Disorders Research, 2008
- Member, National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) Antidepressants and Suicidality Review Panel, Washington, D.C., 2006
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, University of Vermont College of Medicine, 2002-2005
- Attending Psychiatrist, 2002-2005; Fellow in Child Psychiatry, 1999-2001, Maine Medical Center
- Consulting Psychiatrist, 2002-2005; On-Call Psychiatrist, 1999-2001, Spring Harbor Hospital
- Staff Psychiatrist, Counseling Services Inc., 2001-2002
- Consulting Psychiatrist, Southern Maine Medical Center, 2001-2002
- Resident in Psychiatry, University of Texas Medical Branch Hospitals, 1996-1999
- Process Engineer (Coop Student), Mobil Oil Corporation, 1991
- MSc, Computing and Data Analytics, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, 2019
- MD, Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, 1992-1996
- BS, Chemical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 1988-1992