To see my personal biography, please click here.
Areas of Interest
- Data Science
- Digital Health
Carlo Carandang, MD, FAPA, is a licensed physician. An experienced psychiatrist and Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, he examines anxiety and depression treatments as well as future trends in psychiatry. He has 34 publications (peer-reviewed journal articles, a book, book chapters, abstracts) and has been awarded 6 research grants in the areas of depression, anxiety, and psychopharmacology. Carlo has written a treatment book on anxiety, Anxiety Protocol, and is the founder of AnxietyBoss.com.
Currently, he is upskilling to become a data scientist, and has been accepted to graduate school. It is anticipated he will obtain his Master of Science (MSc) in Computing and Data Analytics in 2018, from Saint Mary’s University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, one of the leading computer science universities in Canada.
Follow Carlo on Twitter.
See Carlo’s code on GitHub.
- Partner, Healthy Mind Research Corporation, 2014-present
- Fellow, American Psychiatric Association, 2010-present
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Dalhousie University Faculty of Medicine, 2005-2013
- Psychiatrist, Dr. Carlo G. Carandang Inc., 2011
- Staff Psychiatrist, IWK Health Centre, 2005-2011
- Member, Group for the Advancement of Psychiatry (GAP), White Plains, N.Y., 2005-2011
- External Reviewer, Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) Mood Disorders Research, 2008
- Member, National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) Antidepressants and Suicidality Review Panel, Washington, D.C., 2006
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, University of Vermont College of Medicine, 2002-2005
- Attending Psychiatrist, 2002-2005; Fellow in Child Psychiatry, 1999-2001, Maine Medical Center
- Consulting Psychiatrist, 2002-2005; On-Call Psychiatrist, 1999-2001, Spring Harbor Hospital
- Staff Psychiatrist, Counseling Services Inc., 2001-2002
- Consulting Psychiatrist, Southern Maine Medical Center, 2001-2002
- Resident in Psychiatry, University of Texas Medical Branch Hospitals, 1996-1999
- Process Engineer (Coop Student), Mobil Oil Corporation, 1991
- Graduate Student, MSc in Computing and Data Analytics, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, 2017-2018 (anticipated)
- M.D., Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, 1992-1996
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 1988-1992